How good is refurbished IT?
IT hardware that has been refurbished by the manufacturer or dealer is referred to as refurbished. Most of the devices come from industrial leasing, are demo devices or exhibits. However, the differences in the quality and preparation of used IT hardware are very large. Only a high quality standard in preparation and service promises long joy with the purchase of used IT hardware.
100% reliable - refurbished computer from Uli LudwigOur products are mainly refurbished computers with a long life span and A-grade quality. All refurbished notebooks and computers are
tested and professionally refurbished
cleaned with compressed air on the inside and prepared in an environmentally compatible manner on the outside; keyboards are disinfected and
- components such as hard disks, main memory, graphics cards and optical drives are subjected to functional tests
All keyboards are original and in mint condition. Only goods that are in at least a very good optical and technical condition are sold online.
The components such as hard disks, RAM, graphics cards, optical drives are matched to each other and undergo a function test. In order to keep the devices maintenance-friendly, we attach importance to easily exchangeable components.
The batteries are also interchangeable. We replace weak batteries with new ones if the running time is less than 60 - 90 minutes.
If required, we equip the devices with high-quality NEW brand memory and/or NEW SSD with 3 - 10 years manufacturer's warranty.
Standard classification Refurbished IT
The term refurbished is not protected and the classifications vary from provider to provider. The classification of refurbished goods at Uli Ludwig Computer is as follows:
- original 100% battery NEW or
- SSD NEW with 3 - 5 years manufacturer warranty or
- Display NEW or keyboard NEW
- keyboards like new (no stickers)
- battery capacity > 60 min.
- displays without shadows, spots, pressure marks, scratches or similar.
- no pixel errors according to ISO-Norm
All refurbished monitors are checked for pixel errors. Our PIXEL ERROR FREE test* includes all hardware-related pixel errors and includes the standard check of the monitors with the EIZO test program as well as testing for pixel errors and sub-pixel errors, spots, irregular color gradients or annoying background noise until we find a monitor in A-Ware quality for you that is free of errors.
For some monitors such as Dell U2410, the REV numbers are read out. The different REV numbers indicate the version and firmware of the monitor. The higher the REV number, the younger the screen. New revisions often fix minor bugs. Monitors with pixel defects and other mechanical defects are sold as B-goods quality exclusively in the shop after inspection.
* Excluded from the PIXEL ERROR FREE test are perceptual, software and thermal pixel defects
- slight to severe scratches, cracks and fractures on the cover/housing or yellowing due to intensive sunlight:
- Hand support area and keyboard are worn/small
- keys may be worn. loose or hinges worn out
- battery performance less than 60 minutes
- Displays WITH shadows, spots (light or dark), pressure marks, scratches or other mechanical damage
- pixel defects are possible